Friday, March 30, 2007

Yoga


Yoga is very polular all over the world. I looked it up in the dict and it gives a defination as "A Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquillity." I really like this kinda exercise 'cuz it will not only make me feel healthy physically but also give me a peaceful mind.


I'm not that kinda person who will stick to one hobby for a long time, but I never get rid of Yoga. I also like the way it is taught. Most Yoga coaches will say: Just try your best, but never give yourself too much pressure or force yourself to do something you obviously cannot achieve.


There certain types of Yoga


One was called Bikram Yoga( also called hot yoga) so popluar recently. Bikram yoga is done in a room heated to 105°F and accompanied by specific dialogue. The reason why it must be conducted in 40.5°C is to simulate the local tem of India.



Pilates


Actually Pilates and Yoga come of quite different origin but I think there are lots of similaities between these two. But I think that Pilates have a great effects for fittness. One of my friends went to Singaple for Six months, when she came back she looked like a different person. She told us that she lost 30 pounds. When she was in Singaple, she met a very sophiscated Pilates Coach and he recommend her to take some course focus on fittness. So she took the Pilates course for three months and it's like one hours for a week. After 3months, she turned out to lose 30Pounds...Isn't it amazing?

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

Wow, yoga seems really great. I've never tried it, but I could lose a few pounds . . . . . .

Felice said...

I am happy to find out that you also like yoga! I was practising it for about 4 years and now I miss it! I think next semester I'm going to sign up for Hatcha yoga classes here, at U of C. Maybe you would like to? :)